I visited sigiriya. the ancient rock fortress and it was an un forgettable experience.The beautiful wall paintings and mirror wall amazed me with their fine ancient art surrounded by nature, the fresh air,green trees and birds made the place peaceful and magical . I learned many historical facts about king kashyapa and how sigiriya was built the rock's, design, garden and water systems showed the intelligence of ancient engineers climbing to the top was exciting and tiring . But the views was totally worth it. I felt proud, happy and connected to the nature and history this gave me both knowledge and joy. Sigiriya is not just a place . it is a feeling. I will always carry in my heart. Finally I want to say sigiriya truly touched my heart and gave me most memories. I will never forget the place.
Here I have shared my other detailed experience also. As I ascended the stone steps ,the frescoes of the sigiriya maidens appeared like delicate whispers from history. Painted over 1500 years ago,these vibrant images seemed alive in their silence. I realized that nature had protected them through shade,rock and time .Art ,history and nature existed together here,teaching that knowledge is not stored only in books but in colours, patterns and presevation.
The climb grew steeper, but the lessons deeper. The surrounding forest stretched endlessly ,whispering in the wind. When I finally reached the summit ,a panoramic world unfolded before me green fields, distant, hills and the remains of what was once a royal place. The air was thinner, but richer in meaning. Standing there ,I understood why sigiriya is not just a wonder of architecture, but a symbol of learning through nature. The builders who shapped this marvel used what the earth offered- stone, water,sunlight and gravity transforming them into a masterpiece of both art and intellect.
Sigiriya in many ways, is a silent teacher. It teaches balance between ambition and humility, creation and presevation, human hands and natural elements.Every wall,every carving, every drop of water tells a story of how ancient minds learned from nature's rhythm.As I descended ,I carried not just photographs, but reflections .sigiriya reminded me that learning is everywhere. In the end,Sigiriya wasn't just fortress. It was a living classroom, where the lessons of art,history, and ecology blended into one truth " that knowledge grows best when it listens to nature".
Article by : ( guest article)
Thenuja
University 1 st year student

.jpeg)
This reflection on Sigiriya is deeply moving and beautifully written — it captures both the grandeur of the site and the quiet wisdom it holds. Your vivid descriptions of the frescoes, mirror wall, and surrounding landscape make the reader feel present, climbing alongside you through layers of history and nature. I especially love how you portrayed Sigiriya as a “silent teacher,” blending art, architecture, and ecology into one timeless lesson. The balance you describe between human creativity and nature’s guidance is so powerful. This piece leaves a lasting impression — a reminder that true knowledge often lies not in textbooks, but in the stories carved into the earth itself.
ReplyDeleteSigiriya wasn't just fortress. It was a living classroom. Nice
ReplyDeletePerfect
ReplyDeleteYour article beautifully describes your visit to Sigiriya with genuine emotion and vivid imagery. The way you expressed your amazement at the ancient art and nature creates a clear and engaging picture for the reader. You effectively shared both historical facts and personal feelings, showing good balance between knowledge and experience. However, you could improve it by correcting small grammar and punctuation errors to make it more polished. Overall, it’s a heartfelt and descriptive piece that captures the magic of Sigiriya wonderfully.
ReplyDelete